Thank you for your interest in Electronic Voting! Kendall County uses the iVotronic Voting System from Election Systems & Software (ES&S). The system is very easy to use and we hope that this page will provide you with the information you need to vote electronically. If you still need assistance any pollworker will be more than happy to show you how to use the equipment.
Video of iVotronic Voting System: (this video is provided by Dallas County on youtube)
Key Benefits & Features of the iVotronic:
Benefits and Features of the iVotronic Voting System
Guides for electronic voting:
- Quick Start Guide to using the ES&S electronic voting system
- Instructions for Straight Party Voting on the iVotronic
Step By Step Process for Voting on the iVotronic:
- After you’ve been qualified to vote at your voting precinct, a poll worker will use a Personal Electronic Ballot (PEB) cartridge to activate your electronic ballot.
- On the screen, select whether you want to vote in English or Spanish. Visually and physically impaired voters can use the voice-guidance technology and up-and-down keys and diamond shaped key to make selections.
- In each race, select a candidate or issue for whom you wish to vote by touching the candidate’s name to highlight that selection. If you change your mind, de-select the candidate or issue and then select the correct candidate or issue. Touch the “Next” button at the bottom right of the screen to move to the next ballot page.
- When finished, touch the “Review” button on the bottom right corner of the screen to confirm your selections for each race. If you want to change a selection, return to that page or candidate by touching the office or candidate’s name on the Review screen and then make a new selection in that race.
- Once the Review Screen reflects your selections for each race, press the flashing “Vote” button at the top of the screen or select the green box that says "Press Here to Cast your Ballot Now". The next screen will give you two options (1) Return to Ballot (2) Confirm. If you need to make any changes, you can return to your ballot. If not, press the Confirm button to cast your ballot.
It's as easy as: