KNOX – BOX Rapid Entry Security System
Helping Kendall County EMS, and Fire Departments Protect Your Property
Kendall County Fire Departments and Kendall County EMS participate in the KNOX-BOX Rapid entry System.
Fire Departments and EMS Departments across the country use the Know System to prevent costly forced entry damage while protecting property and lives. Knox key boxes, vaults and cabinets hold building entrance keys, electronic access cards and vital emergency information. Know key switches and padlocks provide Fire and EMS Departments access through property gates.
As property owner, you purchase a KNOX-BOX device then mount it near your building entrance or property gate according to fire – EMS guidelines.
v What Is A Knox Box System
It’s a high-security key box system, designed to give emergency services immediate access to locked building, elevators and other secured areas.
v Why Install A Knox Box
Installation of a Knox Box on your property will not only allow firefighters and EMS faster access in case of an emergency, but will also prevent expensive forcible entry should emergency services be required while the premises are unoccupied.
v How Does The Knox Box System Work
Following your purchase of a Knox Box from the factory, you will mount it securely on the exterior of your building; attractive recessed-mount models are available. All necessary access keys will be locked inside by a representative of the fire department or EMS; only the fire department or EMS department’s master key can open the box.
v How Secure Is A Know Box System
Security has always been a Knox strong point. Designed for maximum protection, each virtually indestructible box features a special high-security Medeco lock and key. The Medeco restricted locking system guards against unauthorized key duplication. Keys aren’t even available to locksmiths or lock distributors—only The Knox Company can supply these keys! Knox system offers maximum security at every step. Each City or County has an exclusive key code. All Knox Box stations in that City or County are keyed alike—and only the fire department or EMS department has master keys.
v How Is A Knox Box Installed
Each Knox Box is shipped with complete mounting instruction; however, the fire or EMS department will assist you in choosing a proper location for mounting. After installation is completed, the fire or EMS department will conduct an inspection of the installation and lock building keys inside the box. As soon as building keys are locked inside the box, it is ready to provide immediate access to emergency personnel—14 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Reasons to Install a KNOX-BOX
- Eliminate needless, costly forced entry damage that may not be covered by your insurance deductible.
- Assure immediate building entry by emergency service personnel without delay or waiting for building keys.
- Protect inventory, equipment and supplies from unnecessary water damage caused by delayed sprinkler shut-off.
- Save time and aggravation by not having to drive to your building at 2:00 am for a false alarm.
- Feel secure about emergency coverage when your building is left unattended.
- Maintain building security after a false alarm investigation by simply re-locking the undamaged door.
- Protect your property from thousands of dollars in damage with this one-time, low-cost investment.
- Depend on the highest lick box security available with attack resistant, UL tested reliability.
FOR ORDER INFORMATION, PLEASE VISIT WWW.KNOXBOX.COM
If you would like more information feel free to contact the following:
Kendall County Fire Marshal